This is tropical luxury living at its very finest. Baan Mika is surrounded by an antique styled wall befitting an ancient temple hidden in the tropical jungle. However this is a property that sits prominently in a prime beachfront location.
The rustic feel of the outer wall is mirrored in the heavy wooden doors, window frames, and furniture, the thatched Salas and wooden roofs with rattan lined vaulted ceilings all add to the overall natural rural ambience. But Baan Mika is definitely a home that enjoys all the modern comforts and technology associated with a high quality luxury home.
The private driveway opens into a courtyard for parking and once you enter the actual grounds of the property the size and magnificence are instantly apparent. This large and impressive villa is focussed around a central rectangular blue-tiled swimming pool that runs almost the whole length of the villa and right up to the beach. The pool incorporates a sizeable children’s pool.
The inner courtyard looking out to sea across the pool has the main lounge building on the right. Containing a mix of traditional and contemporary furniture pieces this room exudes quality and comfort. The open-plan room is clearly defined into comfortable seating areas; office space and an entertainment area with large flat screen wall-mounted TV and Bose surround sound system. There’s also a guest bathroom.
Walking along the right of the pool you’ll find the first bedroom pavilion. This building contains two double bedrooms with separate en-suite bathrooms and a door linking the two rooms. Each room has a wall-mounted TV and the Bose music system is piped throughout the whole property. Stylish furnishings and comfortable sofas complete the interior of the rooms. However the most striking feature here is the fact that both rooms have a separate private outdoor bathtub and shower which can be reached via the en-suite bathroom or from the pathways that lead behind the building.
The next pavilion also has some exceptional features. The first entrance leads into a shower room for when you’re coming in from the beach or pool. A corridor from there takes you to a dressing area and separate toilet. The main room has a double bed, comfortable seating area and ceiling mounted flat screen TV. One side of the room has heavy sliding wooden doors which open to reveal twin sinks and a large terrazzo bath tub; from which you can enjoy the views out to sea. Beyond this room is a terrace that leads to a thatched Sala.
The Sala on this side of the pool provides an outdoor lounge area with sturdy wooden outdoor furniture and directly in front of this is the white sandy beach.
Walking between the edge of the pool and the beach you come to another thatched Sala. This one has a full kitchen, barbeque area, bar and dining furniture. As you go back up the other side of the pool the layout of the two bedroom pavilions is exactly the same as on the other side. Back at the top of the property on the opposite side of the courtyard to the lounge is the main kitchen and dining area.
This room is dominated by a stunning dining table. The kitchen area has a large island feature and all top branded appliances. In keeping with the rustic feel there’s an amazing looking copper coloured extractor fan hung with rope that reaches over the island hob. Again everything here suggests that only the finest furnishing and highest quality products have been used throughout.
Baan Mika is a well thought out property. With six large bedrooms the property has provided ample space to allow each guest their own privacy. However the pool, the dining area and the lounge area are all more than big enough to be used comfortably by all the guests at once.
Each room has opening doors allowing the outside in and the planting and ornamental details mean that everywhere you look you’ll notice something of interest. Whether it’s the colourful tropical plants, ancient looking brick lanterns or the hanging wooden chairs on each terrace, this is a property designed to give you all you would expect from the tropical luxury lifestyle.
** Images and descriptions depicted may include prices, features, furnishings, facilities, services and amenities that are subject to change at any time.
Located on the Northern coast of Koh Samui, 10 minutes from the airport and chaweng beach, overlooking the Big Buddha island and Koh Phan Ngan.
*Notice, until you have a confirmed IPSL reservation by email from, then rates and information may differ from those listed on our websites and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Daily rates of 6 bedroom start from US$ 2,100 to 2,750 depending on season.
- Reduced occupancy rates of 3 bedrooms available from US$ 1,350 to 2,750 depending on season.
- Please ask for an exact quote at the time of enquiry from IPSL Reservations as rates will vary depending on Season which includes: Intermediate, High, Prime and C’Mas/NY.
- Rates shown are for a maximum of 12 (twelve) Guests (including children). Extra bed will be charged at US$50 per night
- Rates include daily Continental breakfast
- Daily rates include a full time Thai Chef (food cost on Guests account)
- Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
- Daily Rates and extra beds are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
- Airport transfer: US$ 30 (plus tax) per trip for a maximum of 9 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car
- Baby cot provided free of charge
For weddings and private parties, a surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guest. Also the villa booking conditions may change such as the required minimum nights stay. Separate Terms and Conditions may apply for any wedding or private parties held in a villa and will be confirmed at the time of your booking.
- Chlorine free large Infinity pool (12 m x 4 m) with kid’s pool
- Direct beach access
- Two Beach Salas, ideal for BBQ’s and al fresco dining and launging
- Two large identical master bedrooms and 4 double bedrooms with interconnecting doors
- Plasma TV, Satellite and DVD/CD player, Hi-fi System with outdoor speakers (individual volume control)
- Fully furnished inc. linens/towels
- Fully equipped kitchen with design fixtures
- FREE WIFI ADSL broadband connection; computer and printer for guests in living room
- All bedrooms are en-suite bathroom, air conditioned, TV with satellite and fitted wardrobes
- All Bedroom with personal safe
- Living Room with Internet TV, full length folding doors and air conditioning
- Secure gated property
- Full back up power generator
- The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy while the Villa Manager is available to cater to all Guests specific needs and help organise activities, massage and spa treatment as well as communication with the Thai chef and dealing with any matter arising at the villa
- Our Guest Relations & Concierge team will visit guests during their stay (usually the day after check in) to further help ensuring guests have a pleasant stay or address any matters arising at the villa
- Bed linen is changed every third day
- Pool & Bath Towels are provided and changed as necessary. We do appreciate our guests help to conserve water usage and thus sustaining our pristine island environment
- On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favourites) with shopping list available. Food cost on Guests account. Terms & Conditions may apply for chef service
- In-Villa wine selection
- Concierge service for all tours and activities; private tours can also be arranged
- Car rental can be arranged with full insurance coverage, with or without driver
- Baby sitting service upon request and availability
- In-villa spa treatment with extended menu