Baan Tao Talay is a more traditionally furnished villa, with the emphasis on using natural materials and combining them with the modern day luxuries to complete the ultimate tropical island lifestyle.
Ornate gates and landscaped gardens lead through to the entrance of this villa and once inside you are struck by the splendour of an unusual dining table made of teak with decorative bamboo inlays. This striking piece of furniture is complemented by water-hyacinth chairs and natural coloured ceramic pots. Two matching Thai statues stand guard either side of the wood and glass entrance doors.
To the left of the dining area is the surprisingly modern looking kitchen, this villa has identified the areas where western appliances and designs are a must and incorporated them seamlessly into the property. White units house chrome appliances and a flat-screen TV is mounted on the wall.
To the right are four of the five en-suite bedrooms, each one also having a large flat-screen TV. The rear ground floor room has twin beds with green accessories and pretty voile hanging on the wall above the bed mirroring the Thai roof design. There’s a wicker armchair and foot stool to assist in enjoying the views out over the entrance garden. The bathroom has a separate tiled shower room.
The front bedroom has a double bed, a similar armchair, a desk and a wall-unit housing the flat-screen TV. The bed is made of teak with bamboo inlay and antique bedside cabinets stand on either side. The bathroom has a free-standing bathtub, separate shower room and an inner garden with outdoor shower.
Upstairs the rear bedroom is fitted like the downstairs rear room with twin beds and similar furniture, the accessories this time are pink and there’s a balcony to enjoy the view over the front garden. At the front is the master suite with double bed, dark wood furniture, desk, wall unit and chairs. The balcony gives outstanding views of the garden, pool and out across the ocean. In the bathroom is a feature sunken bathtub and shower room.
Back down stairs, following the water feature from the dining area takes you out onto a large terrace and landscaped area. To the left is the final bedroom suite, with double bed, blue accessories and similar furniture as in the other bedrooms. A walk-in dressing area and en-suite bathroom with bathtub, shower and inner garden with exotic plants and an outdoor shower complete the room.
Separating that from the living area is a terrace and well planted garden. The polished wooden floor with a stone border creates a canvass on which the collection of ornaments, antiques and selected furniture creates a homely and comfortable ambience. Carved wooden ornaments, a decorative elephant head sculpture, enormous mango wood candle stands, rattan furniture with white upholstery and numerous lamps all combine to provide a cosy and intimate atmosphere.
The lounge looks onto the immaculate garden and out to sea, and to the side is the tempting blue-tiled swimming pool and waterfall feature. An expansive decked area surrounds the pool and provides space for the woven all-weather sun-loungers. At the end of the pool is the sala with kitchen, bathroom and array of garden furniture. Steps lead down to a further garden tier which has a covered decked area where you can sit just above the sand and enjoy the sunsets over the ocean. A private gate also leads onto the beach. The villa is located within sight of the Raja Ferry where locals commute from the island to the mainland. The ferry pier can also be a decent reminder that when you live in these peaceful surroundings, others are travelling in the busy parallel universe.
** Images and descriptions depicted may include prices, features, furnishings, facilities, services and amenities that are subject to change at any time.
- Located on the West coast of Koh Samui, 10 minutes from the ferry port of Nathon and 35 kms from Samui's International Airport.
- Villa is located within sight of the Raja Ferry pier
*Notice, until you have a confirmed IPSL reservation by email from, then rates and information may differ from those listed on our websites and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Daily rates of 5 bedroom start from US$ 1,000 to 2,500 depending to season
- Reduced occupancy rates of 2 bedrooms avialable from US$ 700 to 800 in intermediate and high season
- Rates shown are for a maximum of 10 (ten) Guests (including children). Extra bed will be charged at US$50 per night
- Rates include daily Continental breakfast
- Daily rates include a full time Thai Chef (food cost on Guests account)
- Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
- Daily Rates and extra beds are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
- Airport transfer: US$ 50 (plus tax) per trip for a maximum of 9 passengers in private mini bus or luxury car
- Baby cot provided free of charge upon request
For weddings and private parties, a surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guest. Also the villa booking conditions may change such as the required minimum nights stay. Separate Terms and Conditions may apply for any wedding or private parties held in a villa and will be confirmed at the time of your booking.
- Private infinity edge swimming pool with outdoor Jacuzzi
- Direct beach frontage
- Beach Sala ideal for BBQ’s and al fresco dining
- Plasma TV, Satellite and DVD/CD player, Hi-Fi system with outdoor speakers
- Fully furnished inc. linens/towels
- Fully equipped kitchen with design fixtures
- Local Phone and Fax lines and wireless broadband ADSL internet access by the pool
- All guest bedrooms are en-suite, air conditioned and equipped with personal safe
- Living room air conditioned and with full length folding doors
- Secure gated community
- Use of Common Area Gym facilities including Sauna & Fitness Centre
- The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy while the Villa Manager is available to cater to all Guests specific needs and help organise activities, massage and spa treatment as well as communication with the Thai chef and dealing with any matter arising at the villa
- Our Guest Relations & Concierge team will visit guests during their stay (usually the day after check in) to further help ensuring guests have a pleasant stay or address any matters arising at the villa
- Bed linen is changed every third day
- Pool & Bath Towels are provided and changed as necessary. We do appreciate our guests help to conserve water usage and thus sustaining our pristine island environment
- On site Thai Chef (Thai cuisine and Western favourites) with shopping list available. Food cost on Guests account. Terms & Conditions may apply for chef service
- In-Villa wine selection
- Concierge service for all tours and activities; private tours can also be arranged
- Car rental can be arranged with full insurance coverage, with or without driver
- Baby sitting service on request and availability
- In-villa spa treatment with extended menu