Villa Name: Suralai
In Thai mythology, Suralai was the residence of the angels and, being situated alone and right on the top of a mountain, this seems an appropriate name.
This stunning private residence features six bedrooms, a 20m infinity pool, private Life Fitness gym and ultra-modern architecture and interiors. Not to mention uninterrupted, breathtaking views of Samui and Koh Phang Ngan.
Extreme contemporary designs and furnishings are created and crafted using a range of natural materials and the finishing of this villa, with wooden-tiled pitched roofs, enables it to look at home in the tropical mountainside location. This mix of cutting edge technology, modern design and natural materials results in a remarkable and unique property.
The imposing residence can be seen from the approach up the hillside which gives it an aura of magnificence. The driveway approaches the rear of the property and on entering into the villa from above you will feel literally on top of the world. The entrance pathway leads over an expansive natural stone waterfall which flows behind the main building.
Steps lead up to a reflecting pond and to the left is a huge living room with wooden lined vaulted ceiling. Once in here you’re faced with a tough decision as to where to look first. The room is exquisitely furnished with contemporary furniture, artwork and ornaments. But the whole front of the room opens onto a balcony with a low glass ballustrade that affords a spectacular view across mountains and valleys; you can see the whole of Bophut Bay and right over to Koh Phang Ngan.
Starting with the interior of the room, the first feature you see is the polished dark wood dining table complete with modern white chairs. After this there’s a flamboyant black-gloss and chrome finished open kitchen which runs parallel to the view. The black and chrome is expertly contrasted and complemented by a white polished island and breakfast bar. Between this and the balcony is a red leather chaise-longe accessorised with black leather cushions providing the perfect place to savour the view. At the far end of the room is the comfortable lounge area consisting of plush white leather sofas, stone tables, modern sculptures and a 50in flat screen TV. This sophisticated room is finished with polished grey terrazzo floor tiles and dark wood.
The wide stone balcony has plenty of outdoor furniture, a further dining area and looks over the garden below, the large pool terrace and the black tiled infinity pool. On either side of the balcony are stone staircases leading to the other levels of this expansive villa.
On the right, steps lead down to the lower level where there are three bedrooms situated below the main living area. Each double bedroom is stylishly fitted with contemporary furniture and artwork, has built-in wardrobes and benefits from an en-suite shower room with twin sinks. Each of these three bedrooms also has a private balcony with seating that looks across the sea views and down over the garden and pool.
Staying on the right side, further steps lead you down into the garden and to the pool terrace and pool. At the right end of the pool is a large Sala complete with bar and stools sunken into the pool itself. The Sala has built in benches and comfortable seating.
Steps from the Sala lead down to a corridor that runs underground and alongside the pool. There are a number of storage rooms and at the far end of the pool you arrive at the private, well-equipped gym which also has windows, allowing sea views, and doors that open into a garden and lawn area.
Stepping stones lead from this garden up to the first of three master suites that occupy a three-storey building. The ground floor suite sits below the pool level with views over the garden and over the valley to the ocean. It has a separate dressing area, twin beds and an en-suite bathroom with a shower and a distinctive grey circular terrazzo bathtub.
Above this room, at poolside level, is another suite with separate dressing area, a modern four poster bed and an en-suite bathroom with a shower and an oval shaped grey terrazzo bathtub.
On the third story of this master pavilion is yet another suite that again has a dressing area, a four poster bed and an en-suite bathroom with shower and grey oval shaped terrazzo bathtub. In each of these suites the bathtubs are positioned at the front of the rooms with windows maximising the stunning panoramic views.
Finally, steps lead back up onto the wide balcony and to the lounge, kitchen and dining area. This is a very large property that has been well designed and thought out so as to provide private and practical accommodation that’s suitable for large families or groups of friends. The flexibility of the villa also makes it an ideal choice for weddings and events.
Internally every room is finished and decorated with high quality furnishings, unusual modern artworks and high-end electrical appliances. Each room has a 30in flat screen TV and the whole villa benefits from a sleek Bose sound system that’s piped everywhere including the garden and the sala.
The grey natural stone effects and extreme contemporary furniture and artworks are brought to life by the water features, the neat lawns and the tropical planting of the garden areas. This is an exceptional villa that combines modern luxury and design with the complete privacy and exclusivity that comes from being at the top of a mountain.
Guests at Suralai can also enjoy beach access should they wish through a special beach club arrangement at the exclusive Sala Samui Resort & Spa. They can also enjoy discounts on food and drink at the resort.
** Images and descriptions depicted may include prices, features, furnishings, facilities, services and amenities that are subject to change at any time.
- In Bophut area, northern coast of Koh Samui, 10 minutes drive from the airport and to Chaweng
- Bophut Hills golf course and its 9 pitch and put course are just minutes away from the villa
*Notice, until you have a confirmed IPSL reservation by email from, then rates and information may differ from those listed on our websites and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Daily rates of 6 bedroom (sleeps 12) starts from US$ 980 to 1,795 depending on season.
- Please ask for an exact quote at the time of enquiry from IPSL Reservations as rates will vary depending on Season which includes: Intermediate, High, Prime and C’Mas/NY.
- Minimum stay of 3 nights (7 nights over Christmas or New Year and 10 nights over both holidays, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
- Rates shown are for a maximum of 12 (twelve) Guests (including children). Extra bed will be charged at US$50 per night
- RATES in USD inc VAT at 7%. Not inc Service Charge at 10%
- For weddings and private parties, a surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guest. Also the villa booking conditions may change such as the required minimum nights stay. Separate Terms and Conditions may apply for any wedding or private parties held in a villa and will be confirmed at the time of your booking.
1. Daily buffet breakfast
2. English speaking villa manager, maid and handy man
3. All-day maid service
4. High-speed WIFI internet access
5. Pool & Bath Towels (provided and changed as needed)
6. Bed linen (changed every third day, unless specifically requested)
7. Agent’s commission
Other services available (with additional charge)
1. In-villa dining by a Private Chef (ala carte or set menu)
2. Airport transfer at USD25++/ way (maximum of 8 persons per minivan)
3. Laundry service
4. Babysitting service
5. In-villa spa treatments
6. Thai cooking classes
7. Private jet charter (International or Domestic)
8. Luxury yacht and boat charters
9. Tours and Car Rental
Check in – Check out
Check in time – 14:00. Check out time – 11:00. Early check in and late check out available on request with day use rate of USD350++.
Staff and Service hour
06:00 – 24:00. After 24:00 late night fee is USD10++ per staff per hour. 4 Staff in each villa, including an English speaking villa manager/manageress, maid, handy man and chef.
For any wedding and/or private party with attendance below 17 persons is complimentary. 18-30 persons USD500++, 31-40 persons USD700++ applicable per villa. Maximum 40 persons.
Two baby cots and high chairs complimentary. Additional items are charged USD15++ per item per day. Extra staff USD75++ per person per day. Extra bed USD50++ per person per day, maximum four extra beds.
- Six luxurious bedrooms all with private ensuite bathrooms and private balconies.
- All bedrooms are air conditioned
- All bedrooms have 30in TV, DVD player, iPod doc, minibar and safe.
- Huge 6 x 20m main pavillion with cathedral ceilings, large balcony, and show kitchen. Seats 80 under cover when configured for a function.
- Six zone Bose Hi-fi system including three sets of outdoor speakers
- Wireless remote control
- ADSL internet connection (WIFI throughout)
- IMac computer for guests use
- TV satellite with 50in plasma screen, DVD players
- Fully furnished inc. linens/towels
- Two fully equipped kitchens
- All bedrooms are air conditioned
- All bedrooms are fitted with 30in plasma TV, DVD player, ipod dock, mini bar and safe
- 20m infinity-edge swimming pool
- Private Life Fitness gym
- The resident villa staff will ensure the villa is kept clean and tidy
- Bed linen is changed every third day
- Pool & Bath Towels are provided and changed as necessary. We do appreciate our guests help to conserve water usage and thus sustain our pristine island environment
- Guests of Suralai can enjoy complimentary beach access and food and drink discounts at Sala